Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Variety Of Eggplants - And A few Mushrooms Too!


 Eggplants rot and they rot fast. There is no slow approach when painting eggplants and mushrooms are just as bad. One of things I like about them is that because they have to be painted so quickly, I don't have time to worry about anything, I just paint like crazy and then when it's done I take a good look at it. I really like this one. It was not easy to paint but I had fun doing it. I didn't even put the dust on the surface of the table, I liked it just like this.
10 x 20 Oil On Panel



I knew I was going to like this one from the beginning, I liked the drawing on it a lot too.
The drawing was done with a brush, directly on the panel.


 Here is a shot of it almost done the day before yesterday...Eggplants still look good!
And below is a shot of what the eggplants looked like today...




2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anyone share a photo of the still life starting to rot! : )

    Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I did it, I figured I'd do something a little different...
      Thanks!

      Delete