Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wave XIII


Wave XIII. I can't believe I'm only on number thirteen. It seems weird to be so new at something.
I have painted hundreds, maybe over a thousand still-life paintings, and definitely hundreds of portraits. More figure drawings then I could add up. To be on number thirteen is a strange feeling.
I always feel like I am learning, even with a new still-life, I try to do something I have never done before, but with these waves I learn many things all at once each time I make one.

This one is my favorite so far. It's probably not the best one of the series, but The shadow under the crest is much more difficult to paint then it might look. Well, at least it was for me.

I think I will keep this one for a while, and not sell it. It's a 6 x 8 Oil on Panel. June 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment