Thursday, March 14, 2013

Apples And Guava




Whenever I paint something I feel that people don't expect to see in a still life I have to choose between painting something I want to paint, and painting something that I think will sell.
I have been looking at these Guava fruits at the market for a few weeks now and kept thinking that if I painted them it wouldn't sell. I decided to just paint them anyway and see what happens. I love the light yellow color of them. I posted a shot of the set up to show what they actually look like. The colors of the painting are fairly close but the colors of the real objects look a bit washed out to me.
 "Guava fruit generally have a pronounced and typical fragrance, similar to lemon rind but less sharp. Guava pulp may be sweet or sour, tasting something between pear and strawberry, off-white ("white" guavas) to deep pink ("red" guavas), with the seeds in the central pulp of variable number and hardness, depending on species." from Wikipedia

Apples And Guava
6 x 8 Oil on Panel
  
SOLD




No comments:

Post a Comment