I had this conversation with a friend and he suggest I list them and do a blog post on it:
Ten real reasons to avoid fast food - Even if you're just a regular guy or gal who doesn't give a crap about gluten, doesn’t know what Quinoa is, and has no idea how to handle Vegans, even in conversation.
10. Although they claim 100% real beef. McDonalds and Burger King have been caught using Soy fillers, Pink Slime, horse meat, and a ton of chemicals in their burgers. Oh? They say they stopped using pink slime? Good for them. How exactly do I know that for sure though? It’s not like I can watch them grinding the meat and packaging it up right in front of me like I can at the grocery store.
9. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein is MSG with a different name. One of those magic ingredients in KFC is MSG. WTF right? LOL.
8. If you don’t already know, and if you don’t, you might be living in a closet - look into the effects of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Those sodas are killing you. Almost every fast food restaurant’s beverage has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Google the effects but it has been accused of preventing the brain from realizing you are full, which means while drinking it you can just keep eating and eating. If that’s not scary enough, it’s been accused of blocking vitamin absorption also.
7. McDonalds' Chicken McNuggets and Taco Bell have both been accused of using fake meat, no meat, powdered meat, chicken beaks, feet, etc. I have no idea if it’s true or not, but you know what, I’ll take their word for it and stay away. Not worth the risk.
6. Remember those Dunkin Donuts commercials where the fat guy is up before the sunrise - “Time to Make the Donuts...” Not anymore. Dunkin Donuts doesn’t make them on location anymore. They are shipped frozen and then defrosted and decorated in the store... Time to defrost the donuts just does not have the same appeal.
5. Ever say “I might as well eat that in the bathroom” when referring to fast food? Well, as it turns out some of the companies are being accused of putting a chemical in their burgers that has an effect like a laxative. Yay!! Again, even if it’s not true - Why take a chance on that!? It's disgusting.
4. A dollar menu. A dollar menu? A dollar menu!!?? How dumb or drunk do you have to be to want to eat food that costs a dollar. Have some self respect and go to the grocery store. Try this -buy ground beef, real cheese, fresh bread or buns, a potato, and a bottle of club soda. See how many burgers you can make from 1lb of beef and add up the costs. It’s a lot more than a buck... so if they can charge only a buck, what do you think you are eating? It’s not beef. And if you are hiding behind the broke thing - Don't. I'll send you a list of a dozen ways to eat healthy for less money than fast food.
3. Fast Food will make you fat. Oh, and stupid actually but see #1 for that. The average fast food meal has 1,200 to 2,000 calories and between 50 and 100 grams of fat. Which means that one fast food meal is all of the food you should eat that day. And there is no nutrition in it. Nutrients are what fill you up and tell the brain to stop eating. So eating food with no nutrients will make you hungry again in an hour or so. Here’s a trick when you’re hungry. Eat a hard boiled egg and wait ten minutes. See what happens.
2. #@$!* them and their advertising tricks. When I was a kid it was “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun." It described the burger, in a catchy way, told you what you were getting. Good job. So what do they do today? They reduced the quality, added a bunch of salts, chemicals and fillers, and changed the slogan to “I’m loving it” Well you know what, I’m not loving it. And stop using the phrase “Comfort Food” There is no such thing as comfort food. They made it up! If you want to feel better emotionally go work out. Join a gym, do Yoga in your living room, go for a walk, whatever. Just get off your ass. Working out effects your brain the same way as sex and alcohol. (I highly recommend all three at the same time, if you can swing it). Working out also reduces stress way more effectively than fattening foods. But don’t think for a second that if you have a crappy day at work, an Arby’s processed roast beef sandwich on a frozen bun covered in butter flavored oil and garlic powder, and smothered in canned cheese will make you feel better. It won’t make your day “not sh!$#y”. It will make you fat, bloated, and lazy on top of it, and then tomorrow will be sh!$#y too.
1. Fast Food will make you dumber. It’s true! Foods with a lot of nutrients fill you up and feed your brain. Fruits, vegetables, eggs, non-processed meats, salads, beans, and yogurt, to name a few, will all help make you smarter. Trade in that Egg McMuffin for yogurt and a banana and look at the difference in your day. Foods low in Nutrients can make you feel hungry again quickly and do not get the proper nutrients to your brain... which means fast food will make you fat and stupid... Which is no way to go through life my son.
This is a painting I started towards the end of last year. I wanted to do a Hansel and Gretel themed painting for a long time, but wanted to avoid the traditional candy house in the woods theme because it's been done so often. I thought, why not do it in winter? It's finished and there are prints of it!
There are three Editions of this one.
The Signature Edition of 500
27 x 27 Hand Signed and Embellished
Gallery Wrapped - Retail $500.00
Blog Price - $450.00
The Limited Edition of 1500
16 x 16 Hand Signed and Embellished
Gallery Wrapped - $150.00
And a very limited Artist's Special Edition of 100
18 x 18 Hand Signed and Embellished
Gallery Wrapped - Retail $250.00
Blog Price $200.00
PayPal Link At the bottom of the page
Even though I'm going nuts trying to get ready for five back to back
shows, sometimes the inexplicable can happen with a painting. In my
yard is an orchid tree. My neighbor is always telling me to paint the
orchids, and the tree. I keep telling him I'm allergic to flower
paintings. In fact, I swore I'd never paint flowers unless I was either
paid or had a darn good reason. So I was outside staring at the tree
thinking about picking one to paint it. And as I stood there one fell
off the tree and landed in a pile of dead leaves. (The psychology of
the orchid in dream analysis crossed my mind here) I thought it was sad
but beautiful, laying there white against the brown. And something about
knowing it would be wilted by morning made me think this one needs to
be painted. I picked it up, along with the leaves and painted this as
quickly as I could. I realize it's not the best painting I have ever
done, but sometimes the idea, or the story, can be more important to me. It's titled "Fallen Orchid" 6x8 oil on panel."