Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Six Wave Studies



 I did another round of Wave Studies. Most of these were two hour studies this time. I find that the more I do these, the more I can get finished in one sitting.
 Study Series II #1
4 x 10 Oil on Panel
SOLD

 Study Series II #2
4 x 8 Oil on Panel
 SOLD

 Study Series II #3
6 x 6 Oil on Panel
 SOLD

 Study Series II #4
4 x 8 Oil on Panel
SOLD

 Number five turned out to be my favorite of this bunch. I was trying to do a few that were different from the last time I did this.



 Study Series II #5
4 x 8 Oil on Panel
SOLD

 Study Series II #6
4 x 10 Oil on Panel
SOLD

Summers are usually slow months so I am not planning on putting anymore of these up for auction for a while.

The more I paint waves, the slower I get. Some people might think the opposite is true. I definitely think that the more I paint them, the more efficient, I am, but not necessarily faster. The reason is that the more I paint them, the more subtle differences I see, and the more changes in value, and color.




No comments:

Post a Comment