Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Same Scammer, New Name...And A New Curse

I received this email this morning. I had a feeling it was from the scammer, but I played along for the first email just in case...

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:34:53 +0100
From: ca_grantrow@yahoo.com
Subject: Am interested in buying your painting "A Box of Tarnished Silver" 40 x 32 Oil on Linen, 2009
To: info@clintonhobart.com

Hello,
These  particular artwork of yours that you have for sale, is it still available,if yes let me have the detailed price. 


Regards,
Carol



 My First Response:


 Hi Carol,

Thank you for your interest.
"A Box Of Tarnished Silver" is valued at $14,000.
It needs to be framed.

Feel free to call if you have any further questions
Clinton



 The Scammer:


Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I tried calling your phone# but didnt get through. sure i'll make a try later when im free.

Unfortunately, Im on my way to Mexico on an official trip(I'm a marketing Executive) and wont be back for another two weeks, I would have come to inspect the piece personally. Im taking your word for true on It though. 
I'm okay with the price  $14,000, I think it worth it anyway. If you'd like to know, Im relocating to the South Africa soon and I'm trying to gather some good stuff for my new abode. Im buying yours amongst others,quickly! before someone else grabs it.So, I'll arrange to send you payment ASAP. 

However, I'll have to notify my shipper who's helping me move my stuff to get set for the pickup of the piece from your place as I MIGHT be delayed depending on how things goes. 
Thanks,

PS: In the mean time, kindly get back to me with your Full Name,Contact Address  so I can get a check prepared and have it sent out to you ASAP.

Regards,
Carol


At this point I have completely lost my patience with these people. I put a curse on the Chinese who ripped me off and got called a racist so I figured I would make it my signature so everyone knows I am all for equality...

Hi Carol,

Let me guess, you are going to send me a cashiers check! And then pay me more then I asked for if I send you a grand.
Ask my friend Peter Glendover how that went.

You are a criminal. You should be exterminated like the insect you are.
You steal from people. Go get a job you lazy piece of garbage. I make something. I work hard, and you want to steal from me?! Why don't you try to help people instead of hurting them.

I put a curse on you. Every time you send this email to someone, three of the hairs on your body, starting with your head, will fall out and never grow back. After that your eyebrows, until you get to your feet. If I see a completely bald asshole walking around I'll know it's you.

Best,
Clint


Part of me hopes they try again so I can see how creative I can get with the curses...
I hope I don't need to mention this but I actually have no special powers what so ever...nothing, not psychic, no voodoo, no magic, zero, zip, nada, none - I'm just screwing with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment