Sunday, February 10, 2013

Another Try From The Scammer!! - Updated

For anyone who read the first Blog I posted on a recent scam. I can't believe he tried it again under a different name! I'm posting this one just because I thought I would have some more fun with him at this point. These are real emails, and I am posting real names they sent. None of this is made up. So far the two names used are Peter Glendover and Michael Silverberg.
Peter Glendover must not be a very common name because nothing shows up in a Google search on it but a few scam blogs. 
Michael Silverberg is more tricky because it is a much more common name.
The give away is the poor sentence structure. "My eyes caught this particular work" and "i will be waiting to read from you" are the two sentences to look out for. If anyone gets an email that sounds like this but is under a different name, let me know. I'd like to list all of the fake names here.
.
Hi there,
My name is Michael,im from phoenix,was browsing through the internet and my eyes caught this particular work("Heather"),will like to have it for my new apartment probably this month.please let me know if the piece is available and if yes let me have the detailed price and more information about it. i will be waiting to read from you.

Regards. 

Michael Silverberg  sgtmikesilver@yahoo.com

 My Response:

 Hi Michael.

I'm sorry but that particular painting has already sold.
Thank you so much for your interest in my work!

Please keep an eye on my Blog, New paintings go up for sale every week!
Best,
Clinton

http://clintonhobart.blogspot.com/


 His reply....

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 22:52:26 -0800
From: sgtmikesilver@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Artwork
To: clintonhobart@hotmail.com

Can you send me the picture of the available piece?

Michael.

So I thought I should send him an image of my available painting and the asking price:

Hi Michael,

Here is a picture of the available painting, It is 2" by 3".
The price is $50,025.00


Please let me know what you think!

Best,
Clinton




So far I have not heard back.....


2 comments:

  1. I did a similar thing, told him the painting he wanted was sold, asked him to choose another one. He did, so I gave him the price. Every time he wrote again, I told him I had made a mistake on the price, and raised it. Can you believe it, he admonished me for not having the right price! I am so bad!! He finally gave up.... awww, I was having so much fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!
    I hope everyone just screws with them. If we all waste enough of their time, without falling for it, they will give up faster then any police action could force.

    ReplyDelete