Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Travel - Part One (Key West & Miami)

I have spent the last two months living in Florida. I usually begin my day with a walk on the beach and then paint for about eight to twelve hours a day. On rare days I paint as few as three hours, but have also painted as many as fourteen hours in one day. People have been asking "Have you been to Key West, South Beach?" The answer is always, "I'm too busy"...
I decided to take some time and see a few things on my drive back up to NY.
I started my trip in Key West....


For some reason I had Key West confused with some wonderful tropical island with long sandy beaches and horizontal palm trees laying across them. Instead I got Bourbon St. with a moat around it. I had a burger and a margarita at Margaritaville and stopped into Capt. Tony's which was worth the drive down. Part of my travels include chasing song lyrics.
The drive into town is absolutely stunning but for the most part, if you want to get drunk, look at some bad paintings, throw-up, and buy a T-Shirt to remember it all, Key West is the place for you.....I went to Miami...


Miami is so much fun. The Art Deco architecture in South Beach is worth the trip...and of course the palm trees.

A few Pictures of the beach.....


Next stop on the trip.....Myrtle Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment