Monday, October 22, 2012

10 Things Damien Hirst Has Probably Never Heard


In 1991 Damien Hirst put a Shark in formaldehyde and Charles Saatchi sold for at least $8 million.
The worlds wealthiest "Artist" (not a word I would use for him) has been accused of plagiarism, sued repeatedly for copyright infringement and admitted to signing his name to work he did not do himself...... Here are ten things I'm willing to bet he has never had to hear though....

10. When are you teaching a workshop? I'd sure love to learn how to do that!

 9.  I got a cousin whose work looks really similar.

 8. It would look great in my living room.

 7. You must have spent years working from casts and live models.

 6. Great glasses, did you design them yourself or borrow them from Elton John?

 5. I'm a graffiti artist, mind if I tag your shark?

 4. The study is ten times better then the finish!

 3. I'd love to see all of the thumbnail sketches, must have been hundreds.

 2.  Can you make a similar piece with my kids in it?

 1. How much did that go for on ebay?


No comments:

Post a Comment